Monday, October 25, 2010

Starting Over

I am hoping that third times a charm will apply to my third attempt at keeping up on this blog. As I am approaching a birthday very soon, I have decided to refocus on some of the thing s that I want to do with my life and how I want to spend my time.  Blogging and sharing some of my thoughts craftiness and photos is a part of this refocus.  
The first thing that I want to share is a project designed to Jump start my creativity. I completed it as a part of an online workshop given by Amy Tan. I wasn't sure how I was going to approach the project at first but now that it is done, I am so happy with the result. Once I get over my completely paralyzing fear of my sewing machine, I may try to make one of these cute little books myself.  Thankfully, Amy stitched the first one together for me so I was able to move on from step one.  When putting the book together, I decided to use all of the things that have been piling up in my scraproom that I loved but was never sure what to use them for. 


















 I am loving how it turned out imperfect, eclectic and features some of my favorite things. 
Here's to jumping into more creativity and blogging about it along the way.

P.S. Thanks Amy for the inspiration and the fun workshop!

2 comments:

Christi said...

It turned out great! I finished the assignements from the class but haven't had a chance to add extras to my book yet.

amytangerine said...

I love that you finished!! Thanks for taking my 1st online workshop!